Friday, September 4, 2009

My Facebook Addiction

One of my most recent posts was about a Facebook application called Farmville. In Farmville, you basically virtually run a farm (with none of the actual work involved...just a lot of waiting around for things to grow). After I started Farmville, I also decided to try Mafia Wars. Then decided to try Vampire Wars. Now I have added Restaurant City and Pirates (Pirate Wars maybe?). Each morning I crawl out of bed to the computer and set everything in motion. I use my energy points and collect my monies. I shut down before a mad dash to the car to get to work. When I come home I crawl up the stairs to my computer and start it all over again. I usually play all the way until bedtime.

I am neglecting my books...I am neglecting my TV...I did vacuum last night, so at least the house isn't falling apart due to my neglect. But hopefully this long holiday weekend will allow me to overload on these games and maybe they won't have such a bad hold on me...or maybe I'll just go as far as I can and will have to quit. Or maybe, just maybe, I can find a healthy balance that allows me to read and or watch my TV shows while stealing quick glances at the computer screen...yay laptop computers : )

SO SAD...I need rehab

No comments:

Post a Comment